I modified Kenneth Goh’s Kong Soh Peng recipe to include matcha powder, icing sugar etc:
Kong Su Peng with Matcha Powder
Preheat oven to 320 degrees
Measure each spoonful with a heaping spoonful of stated ingredients:
• 8 tablespoons of multi-purpose flour
• ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
• 1 teaspoon of matcha powder
• 4 tablespoons of icing sugar
• 4 tablespoons of milk powder
• 130 mls of heavy cream
• 1 ½ tablespoons of lard or shortening
• Sift multi-purpose flour, baking powder, matcha powder, icing sugar and milk powder together in a mixing bowl.
• Rub in lard or shortening until you get coarse crumps like making pie crust
• Make a well and pour in the heavy cream.
• Use a scraper to stir until it is well combined.
• With some flour in your hand, lightly knead the dough until it forms a pliable dough
• Divide the dough into 12. Shape like a ball, press and shape it like a disc. If it is too sticky, flour your hand before shaping. Bake in the pre-heated oven of 160 degree Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
• Place the baking tray in the lowest rack to avoid over browning.
Mine is a little on the crispy side but yummy nevertheless. Thank you sifu Kenneth for sharing the recipe! ❤ Matcha anything!